Thursday, June 18, 2015

February 16 to 22 Crocuses

 16th
 16th
 18th
 18th
 18th
 18th
 22nd
 22nd
22nd
The crocuses were early and really rather spectacular this year.  By the 16th of February the earliest ones, the yellow ones, were mostly finished.  By the 18th the crocus field was in full bloom.  The crocus field is now about finished.  The grass was taller than usual, so the crocuses had to grow even taller.  I have been putting bone meal on them in the Fall, so they have rewarded me with good color and more of them.  The daffodils are in full bloom now and tall with good sized blossoms and fragrance.  The hyacinths are up also.  In March, the primulas started blooming and the plum tree at the back is now in full bloom.  The blue bells are coming up every where, even through the cardboard covered with leaves that I put over the ones in the woodland.  The other day I spent a bit of time pulling these things out of the area where I have the fawn lilies sprouting leaves.   The bulbs are still in the ground.  I do not want to dig around these wild lilies.  I hope this process of not letting the bluebells feed the bulbs will eventually get rid of them.  Chemicals will not do it.

I traded up my Canon SX40 to the SX60 that shoots in raw and has larger files or resolution I believe it is called.  Correct me if I am wrong.  I have had some adventures in learning to use the conversion to DNG files, since my Photoshop CS5 does not support the newer camera.  This DNG converter will convert most camera RAW files to the dng that I can then process in ACR in photoshop.  This camera and I are slowly getting acquainted. Have lots to learn about the processing of the files and have been learning a few photoshop things too.

We have been having beautiful weather.  I injured my knee about 10 days ago and I have been taking it easy for the last few days so this does not happen again.  I must have stretched the muscle just below the knee.  I could not put any weight on it.  After some ice, a couple of days rest, and I was up again.  But not doing too much outside.  Its a too bad as the weather is so very nice. 



--
Posted By Blogger to My Garden at 3/12/2015 08:21:00 PM

No comments: