Saturday, April 14, 2007

Spring clean up



While waiting for the little squirrel to do his high wire act, I shot this photo of the cement vase in the front garden. Love that zoom on the S3 IS.

The little brown squirrel often runs along the fat cable between the hydro poles. By the time I get my camera he is gone from one end to the other. He/she is fast. I am happy to see that it is one of our brown squirrels, rather than the bigger grey ones, that are imports and are taking over our indigenous squirrels habitat.

That cement vase planter is going to be moved to closer to the driveway, when I out and get more spring cleaning done. I need to remove the storm damaged evergreens. I need more hedging cedars, pea gravel, sand and top soil for when I start the renovations at the front and complete the spring cleaning.

Pam and Rachel had a very early start this morning... they won one game and lost the second. I did not go as it would have been far too much running about for Pam, although she said not. But it is Rachel's time with her team and her Mom that matters. So, alls good.

I have loaded my "Poetry" page to my web site. I only have one of the poems loaded, so far. Check it out! Poetry
Click on the thumbnail for "In My Garden" for the first one loaded.

I am getting more adept at using my new quick blog from Godaddy. Some day I might upgrade it and try to add it to VFXY. I really like that blogging community. No pressure to run about and return comments or crap like that. Just a nice, easy, quiet looking at some other good photo blogs.

Photo.net is making all kinds of changes to the basic coding on the site. Apparently, its been a real rats nest. The rating system sure fits that description, and was the ruination of the site. I hope Dr. G. can bring it back to its former luster. It is looking better all the time.

No comments: