Wednesday, April 11, 2007

The pheasant



This pheasant was across the street and away over by Brian's shed. I zoomed it to the max, and it is still not very large. I did not have the telephoto attached. It does add a bit of distance. Also I had this on the 2nd largest size of photos. But, that's it... I moved it back to largest... you never know when you might see a pheasant. To top it all off -- when I thought the pheasant was gone, I went to see about attaching the telephoto as I had not used it yet. In a few minutes Pat came out and told me that the pheasant had just flown up and away from in my own yard! There was a cat in the front garden that probably scared it away. Now tonight, that damn cat was back trying to catch Elvis (my fish in the front tub. He lives!) I wish people would keep their wretched animals in their own property. Grrrr.. or train that cat to chase the herons and raccoons and otters out of my ponds.

2 comments:

Tina T-P said...

Hi Maggie - I hope the weather has been as wonderful in Victoria as it has been here in B'ham - it seems like it generally is -

Your photographs are just beautiful - Do you have any photos of your alpine garden anywhere? Lewisias are one of my favorite spring flowers - I think I lost all mine last winter, so I'll have to go shopping here soon.

Tina

Maggie said...

Hi Tina

Good to hear from you. Yes our weather has been nice. A bit too much rain, so everything is still soggy.

My Lewisias aren't in bloom yet. I really should get out and get some photos though. My alpine garden is spots of little things all over my garden. The lewisia bed is about 10 feet by about 3.. not very big and has some odd shaped rocks.. not an authentic rock garden. But when they bloom I will be out snapping them for sure.