Monday, April 30, 2007

Japanese Gate and Fence


Another find in Chemainus. I did a quick tour of the Japanese area of Chemainus. These few blocks contain several restuarants and some lovely gardens, and architecture. I know what I will be doing next time we have to wait for the ferry to Thetis Island. Its a lovely corner of the Town.

I got quite a lot of things done in my garden today. Clipped back the honeysuckle, dug out the thistles in the woodland area, mowed the lawn and put the clippings around the strawberries. Dug over a bit more of the veggie garden. I destroyed a couple of gladiolas, so I guess the rows are not all marked. oh well. And then the really big thing I did was cut down one of the storm damaged globe cedars, dug out its root, moved the cement vase to the spot where the cedar was, leveled it, of course. Cleaned up a bit more in that area of the front garden. Emptied the rest of the top soil into the cement vase. Planted 2 hedging cedars along the back fence in the woodland area. I have a tiny trillium growing in the woodland next to the big one. I dug out the blue bells around them and marked them with little cedar stakes.

No comments: