Sunday, April 01, 2007

Draba



This is about the only decent photo I managed to get at the Rock and Alpine show and sale yesterday. There were so superb plants being shown this year. The plant sale did not have much of interest to me. Good thing Beaver Creek nursery was there again. I found 10 wee treasures that I had to bring home, for about $60.00.

Today I got my new water pump working. It was a bit too fast so I had to slow it down with a two way value thing. I moved a couple of the blocks, and set the waterfall rocks a bit differently. It looks ok. Its nice to have it running again. I finished emptying out the old cedar trough. I moved some of the dirt and drainage stones to the extra space I have by the lewisia bed. I removed that mock orange shrub, as it is not doing very well at at. I have it healed in in the vegetable garden until I figure out where to put it. Maybe in the compost bin. I moved the old compost bin to the back corner by Craigs. I think I will put the really brushy stuff in there until I get enough stuff to make a load for the guy to haul away. I put the minature rose out of the cedar trough in the bed by the other mini rose by the fig tree. I planted the lewisia columbiana into the lewisia bed, and put the little gentian that likes a peat bog into the water iris pot on the deck. I think I want to get 2 blue pots - one for the iris and one for the gentian for on the deck. I think I will need about 12 hedging cedars -- about 6 - 7 in the front along Parmar's side. I think I will take out that Rose of Sharon as it does not fit in the front ... its too messy and not evergreen. I need more straight lines along that side, as Parmar's yard is pretty bare, with no items to play off or use in my garden. I might put that shrub in the woodland. The mock orange could go in the woodland too. I need 2 cedars along the back of the veggie garden, and probably 3 at the back by the compost bin, but I will check that out after I get the firethorn and the honeysuckle trimmed out or taken out. I believe I will put a couple of the new plants by the lewisias and the rest (tiny ones) into pots and set the pots on the deck. I need a special bonsai type pot for the little willow, as I am going to bonsai it. My first bonsai! The little willow already has a good form. Its leaves are just round and green... I missed seeing its pussy toes. Plans and plans... I really need to get the front cleaned up and the cedars planted there before I do anything else, though. So, a trip to Cannor will be in order this week, after I get the house cleaned up.

No comments: