Friday, April 20, 2007

From the top of Mount Doug in January



This is one of the photos I took from the top of Mt. Doug in January when Dan, Carol, Tara, Andy and I were up there.

I received my new low pro bag today, and the 8 filter wallet. I was a bit disappointed at first, as it seems to be twice the size I thought it would be. But, I packed in all the Canon S3 IS stuff and it fits not too badly with room in the outside pockets for any personal stuff. I got the back pack straps working nicely. It swings around and opens to get the camera out. I cannot find a tripod place though. The battery charger and its plug in thing are by far the heaviest. So, I will not carry that out on day trips. 4 AA batteries will do just fine.

I learned from Pam that I must have the continuous shooting button on in sports mode. Of course! Silly me. Now, all I need is some time to use the telephoto, wide angle, macro lens. I must try the CS filter some more and the IR filter. I have to over expose when using the IR I think. I think I will put my colors into black and white when using that filter too. I must try the red filter with black and white as well. ... fun stuff for when I get my garden stuff caught up.

The renovations are proceeding in the front garden. I have dug up some of the violets and can see where this is going to be an on going problem. There are bizzillions of the little ones coming up. They are as thick on the ground as alphalpha sprouts in the package. But my trillium at the front now has a fighting chance. The one at the back is much bigger and the bugs have not been at it. So, I need to get a picture of the one at the back.

I pruned back the artemisia powis castle to about 8 x 8 and quite a few good buds on it. It was flopping all over and getting into the rose of sharon. I pruned back the rose of sharons a bit too. They are suppose to be able to be pruned into a hedge, so maybe this pruning will an annual chore. I have more weeding to do along that strip between the driveways. I should cut back the St. John's worte and the virginia creeper. The new zealand flax needs to be cleaned up also. I will put the new little heather along behind the newly transplanted rose of sharon and maybe get some aubretia for along there also.

The grape stump is going to live. It has some nice little buds on it that I should be able to train along the garage again. I need to find its wire again. Now if only the evergreen clematis would put up shoots, I would really be a happy gardener.

The Craigs house next door sold for $14.000 above the asking price of $479,000 to some people who already live in this area. Craigs are off to Ottawa, the end of June. Man! maybe we should downsize about now. The real estate prices are mad!

No comments: