Sunday, April 08, 2007

Playing with frames





Last night I was playing with the frames in my old Paintshop Pro photo editor. I shot this photo of the water fall in my pond through the blooming plum tree (the white and yellow colors surrounding the waterfall are actually blossums). I thought it needed a round border when first viewing it.

Yesterday I got a lot of gardening things done: transplanted the rest of the hedging cedars, moved a primula and transplanted the drumstick primula that I got at Cannor. Clipped up and bagged all the twiggy stuff, with some of the smaller bits for cover on the chip trail to my woodland garden. This area is coming along nicely, with the fawn lilies spreading like crazy. I don't see the trilliums yet. They must come up later. I still need a few hedging cedars along that fence in the back corner. Quite a few actually. But that fence is a problem as it is falling down. The previous owner of the place dug out the soil that was banked up along that fence and now my soil is slowly sliding down into the other property. The house is now up for sale, again, so I will wait to see what the new owners might want to do about that fence, since it is their fence. It would be nice if they would build a retaining wall, but maybe I should be the one to build the retaining wall... hmmmmmm.

Yesterday I did up some photos of some bike saddle bags that Pat wanted to sell to someone from one of his forums. We did up the photos and he emailed them off to the guy. This morning he phoned Pat and wants to buy the bags and bracket -- all of which are in superb condition. I think the man is getting a very good deal.

Today I made our 'Easter duck dinner' and had Tara up to help us out . As she is a vegan (?) there is quite a lot of duck left over. We had a good visit. I have daffodils in the house and I made up a small bowl for the table center. It looks pretty good. I should take its picture... tomorrow...

No comments: