Saturday, June 30, 2007

Ghosts of Victoria's past

This is another shot from my day downtown. Its a reflection. I am not sure where the statue is in this area. I have to go back again and see if I can duplicate this.

It rained, off and on today. My garden can use the moisture. The tomatoes are really wierd. They are about 6 inches high and blooming.

Today I noticed the rose along between Craig's and our place was hanging way over their driveway. So, it had to come out, right now. I am throughly tired of that thing. So, now its gone, but for getting rid of the bush that I cut out. I have most of it clipped with the large pieces saved for fireplace wood and the smaller stuff to my back old compost bin. This bin holds quite a lot of clipped woody stuff. Its heaped up. I might need to hire someone to take it away. My compost bin is getting quite full too. Pat helped me take out the larger wood. Now I just need to dig out the roots. There is a voluteer holly bus growing in the same area, but I don't think I want to keep it. The Virginia Creeper is taking over everything, so I must get that and the St.John's wort clipped back too. The Rose of Sharon bushes that I pruned earlier are looking real good and healthy. I would like to put a buddleia in where the rose was, but I think that would be too big and floppy too. I had put the rose in because the postman or someone crossing through between the houses had been using the buddleia I had there to pull themselves up to my driveway. They ripped the old buddleia right out the ground.

2 comments:

Monterey John said...

Ha! Nice capture!

Maggie said...

Thanks John