Sunday, July 01, 2007

Dragon Fly




I had my Canon S3 IS zoomed to the max for these shots as the Dragon Fly was across half the back yard and up a tree, so I was shooting from on the deck At one point I attached the teleconverter for an extra 1.5 reach. No longer sure which photos used that, but I imagine it to be the larger ones. There is a bit of noise but no intolerable. I think this is mostly due to using the digital zoom that says it is 48X when the optical is only 12X. There is no cropping on these, so the size of the dragon depends on how much is zoomed.

I started the rum pot today with a package of strawberries. I did not cut them this time, as they dissolve by the end of the time anyway. I used 1 1/2 cups of brandy and only 1/4 cup of sugar this time. I think too much sugar and it will ferment. It already tastes yummy. Strawberry brandy! Should have put some over our icecream and flambed it.

We visited Barbara and James to see the trailer that Pat is going to rent from them to take to Chilliwack next week for the Antique Car Club run. Then the following Monday Pat and Dan are going to LA with Dan's truck and trailer to bring back the new Torpedo Roadster. Oh boy, this is too exciting. I should have calmed down by the time they get it home. I hope Irene can come over with them. Hope they can get a dog sitter for Hagar.

No comments: