Sunday, July 29, 2007

Sunsets


Last evening there was a bit of color in the sky. I went up the road to the Jail and tried to capture it against the sunset. Almost all of the sun was gone from the sky by the time I got there.

This evening when I noticed the color I put my plant up on the deck railing and shot it against the sky. When I did not use flash I only got silhouettes. This is the one using flash. The distant tree is in silhouette. I had about 5 minutes to shoot and all the color was gone. You can see the top part of the photo has no sunset colors left in it.

I finished loading my photos to the Flickr Victoria Grid Project. It was in the Town and Country Mall area. I loaded 32 to the pool. The limit, at the moment is 50 per person per month. I think that is a bit high. I am going to see if I can stick to the 30 limit... like one per day. There are 83 people in the Grid, but not everyone shots and loads to the pool. Some of them have not been heard from this month. The meeting to decide next month's grid is on Tuesday at Boston Pizza. I don't know if I will go.... probably not.

One of the guys did up a YouTube video for last month and one for this month. He used a couple of my shots as stills. yea me. and yea him. I have no idea how they make those videos.. video camera I suppose.

2 comments:

Monterey John said...

That second image is fabulous.

Maggie said...

Thanks.

The colors in the sky do not last very long, and so I missed capturing the one over the jail. I'll get it yet!!