Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Flares with the CS filter



We are having record breaking high temperatures this week. My thermometer is at 36 Celcius.

The neighbors moving truck is parked almost all the way across the front of our driveway with sun glinting off its white cab. So, I thought I would attach my CS filter and try to get some flares. Also took a couple of pictures of the yellow water lily. Now I see that the lily is finished. It sure doesn't last very long. The color on my lily was terrible, but I kept this one for the tiny flares on the right. The big flare is from the truck cab. Decreased brightness and increased contrast. I could not get any diamond shaped flares from shooting at a few degrees from directly into the sun. Hmmmm, my old Canon Powershot A50 did gorgeous colored diamond flares. I might have to revive that camera for the RAW, the Flares, and the sharper better color. Todays shots have a lot of noise too.

No comments: