Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Rhodo art


Today I managed to change the very grey water in this photo to this nice blue color but using a method that Dieter told me about in the Mega Shots feedback forum on Flickr. So, I am now trying to use Photoshop for all my stuff and become more practised at it, and less afraid of it. I can't break it, after all!. It really helps to have some hints. This one is a duplicate layer, image adjustments, cooling filter, erase the duck so it does not go blue, flatten image, then I tried to clean up with the clone stamp, as my erasing needs more practise. That's the easy method, apparently. There is masking and many other things to learn. Once you do it though it becomes just natural to know where to go... curves and levels are always fun.

I just like the way this rhodo turned out and I have not done anything to it, but crop. I like the bits of color in the corners.

No comments: