Friday, June 22, 2007

More Iris






The water lily in the pond is covered in blooms. It had twelve open today. The white one in the front tub has only one bloom. I thought I should get out and shoot it before it is gone. It was a good afternoon for shooting... cloudy and not too much glare. Except for the purple water iris, I believe all the iris are finished blooming for this year.

I took these photos after getting home from seeing Dr. Rossi. Her office is near the Hillside Mall so I went on a little shopping spree. I have not shopped for sooooooo long. A very helpful lady in a small exclusive dress shop showed me how to dress my little fat body. She was about the same height, age and weight and she looked very good in her outfits. She put me into a couple of skirt/tops/jackets that I can mix and match. I should be set for our next River Cruise. These skirts can walk out casual or be dressed up for dinner. Well worth the price. After her shop I was to Sears where nothing fit or looked even half decent. I did manage to find a nice little pair of black sandals that will go with both skirts. Black and white is in this year it seems.

Dr. R immediately identified my rash as psoriasis. No cure, but treatable. It is heritary, it seems. It would help to lose weight and drink less, according to the page of information she gave me. Okay... more walking needed. Then what? a new wardrobe, again? Hmmmmmmm, might be fun.

1 comment:

Tina T-P said...

Beautiful pictures! Don't you just love this time of the year - I could take pictures of Japanese Iris until the cows come home...or something like that LOL -

Glad your rash is one that is "containable" - doesn't it seem like they say everything will get better if we'd loose some weight! Good luck with it. Cheers, T.