Monday, June 04, 2007

A bridge




This last photo looks almost like it might be a Holga with the vignetting. But this is what happens with the S3 IS if you do not zoom the lens all the way when using the teleconverter. I rather like it and I might even do more fake Holgas with this teleconverter.

Recently, I have joined Facebook and Flickr, so I have been kind busy other than my blog and my page. But, I have got a bit more done on my page. Its all fun. Some of the features on Flickr are pretty nice. Its a huge place. And to think it got started right here in Victoria. Although, I know, we have a very vibrant group of young professional computer programers and software developers here. Makes me almost wish I was younger and in to the loop. But retirement is much too sweet, in reality.

I think I might have advanced a baby step in my dilemma about my photography. Lately I have been shooting 'studies' of things. Unplanned, but it seems to need to be done. Maybe its a stage I am going through, on the way to finding out what I can do with my cameras.

So here is my study of the little bridge that goes over one end of the Esquimalt Lagoon. Its a lovely spot. We took the van and a deli sandwich out here for lunch on an overcast day.

There is more to this few hours at Esquimalt Lagoon, but this is all for now. Hope you like it.

No comments: