Monday, June 11, 2007

Van Dusen Flower and Garden Show






We had a very busy weekend. We were in North Van at Pam and Mike's place by about 4:00, Friday. I had a few minutes to walk around Pan's garden. Its wonderful, with very many interesting plants and shrubs. I kept seeing a new one each time I looked into her garden. She has been really busy with her garden design business recently. Later we went to the Trivia night at their church, with more of their friends. Fun.

On Saturday Pam, Pat and I went to the Van Dusen Garden Show. It was pouring rain the whole time. We spent a few good hours there, never-the-less. At noon, we listened to Des Kennedy's delivery of a hilarious talk about garden tools. I didn't get many photos. I did get three choice little plants. There was so much to see. More fun, despite the rain.

We arrived home before 4:00 when we went to Rachel's piano concert. These young people play wonderfully well. I did not use flash for my photos as I did not want to break the concentration of the girl playing at any time. It was unusual lighting, but a very nice concert. Dinner later at home... chicken snitzel. Yummmm.

Sunday we went to Amanda's field hockey game... more rain. The poor girls were just soaking wet. After the game we headed for the ferry. We were on an older ferry, so I got to be out on the deck to shoot. No dirty windows. I was trying different "my color" modes, and some accent color modes. We got home mid afternoon. Time to look at photos, and shoot more. My water Iris is in bloom. The gorgeous big purple one.

So, with this blue poppy, and my other poppy shots, and the previous tall bearded iris shots, I am eventually going to load a poppy series, and an iris series to Flickr.

No comments: