Saturday, August 12, 2006

Thetis, Hasselblad, gardening




On Tursday we went to visit Pete and Audree at their lovely Clam Bay hide-a-way. Audree made us a lovely salad/shrimp lunch. They are both slowing down a bit. Audree is going to need a new hip soon. She and her sister are going to Alaska the end of August, I think. They have sheep and ducks, and a garden.

I managed to get a few photos of Chemainus to add to my Travel - Chemainus album on my page. A couple of good ones of this murial.

Yesterday Andrew was over to test the Hasselblad and it seems to be in good working order with a bit of wear showing on the outsides -- its only cosmetic. He only pays 50 - 60% of what he estimates to be the market value, or he takes 25% if I leave it with him on consignment. He says that now that he has seen my stuff, he will do some more research of his own to come up with a price on things. The one he gave me is just not acceptable. I might as well keep it as give it away for a song. Pat talked to Hans again and he might be interested... depending ... yada yada. Hans says the stuff I have is very much like his system that he gave to his kids. He just wants a 150 mm lens. I told Pat to tell him I wanted $10,000 for it. We will see if he wants to make an offer or just talk about it.

The otter or something was in the pond again. My plants were broken down and edging rocks are in the pond. I have fed the fish and tonite I counted 7 of them up to feed, so I don't think any of the new ones are gone. All 3 of them are ok in the deck tub.

Today I spent 5 hours out in the garden. I have the lawn mowed and moved around the cement blocks in the vegetable garden to make a better arrangement of the paths. I have a small area by the bay laurel where I could put a chair or small bench - its 2 feet by 6 feet. I should fix the edging on the pond. Where I have place a board under the rocks to keep them from tipping into the pond, it seems to work very well. I can put small stone behind the board and they will not roll into the pond. Tonite I have watered the vegetable garden and the rhodos/grass area. Except for the places where I burnt out the grass with weed and feed, the back is looking pretty good now. The front needs more work, but it is not too bad. Same grass problem as the back.

No comments: