Tuesday, August 22, 2006

The Breakers at Jordan River





Today we rode out to Jordan River on the Pacific Coast Honda to have lunch at The Breakers. Very good food. The cafe is under new management since we were last there. There is a wonderful view across the road from the cafe. My photos just do not do it justice. I cannot seem to capture the wilderness of the scene, to my satisfaction.

Pat found an old Raleigh bicycle changed to the sign post. I have signed up for The Visual Dictionary on photoblogs.org and sent them the word Raleigh contained on the close up of this bike. I don't know if they are going to use my visual word or not. I cannot figure out how to post photos to their blog posts thingy. Sigh. I cannot find anything about it in the discussions, either. Oh well, maybe it will become clear after more searching on the site. Its an interesting place, but I am finding it very difficult to navigate.

I got a couple of phots for the beach combing album - this rock for one. It is a lovely rock and was calling my name, so I took it home with me. The Pacific Coast bike has big carrying bags.

I must get out and find something to shoot with the velvia in my 35mm Canon. I should try for star trails on at least 2 or 3 nites. From what I am reading, if I use f/5.6 with the 28 - 135 zoomed maybe half way and leave it out for about 6 hours I should get some good trails. Our neighbors leave the light on in the window just below where I will be pointing my camera. I wonder if that will be too much light. I will have to make carefull notes and vary the time left out and the lens and f/stops, hopeing for at least one good take of the North Star.

No comments: