Saturday, August 05, 2006

Grass fire




We had a bit of excitement in our neighbourhood yesterday. There was a grass fire on the hill behind the school playground. The firemen were there in just minutes and had the fire put out before it got away. There was a patch of the hilltop blackened. I must go get photos of that.

I did not think it was necessary to get too close to the fire. By the time I noticed the fire, got my cameras and got out to the fire (2 blocks away) the flames were put out.

On Thursday I saw Dr. C. and got the results from the breathing test. This is not causing my high blood cell counts either. My breathing patterns are normal. I agreed to redo the test in the Nuclear Department at the Royal Jubilee. Dr. C. says I have an unusual blood count. She wants to test to see if she can find out what is causing it. So far, it seems that I was right from the start.... that's just the kind of girl I am. :)) Thank heavens the rare blood cancer thing is ruled out.

I have been pricing my Hasselblad system and putting out a few emails to people who might want to buy it. I am not getting the time to learn this. It would be interesting to learn, but I don't think I would ever use it much beyond the learning it. Pat has emailed my list of the equipment to Hans. I am still not used to the idea that it actually might be gone. I reacted badly to the idea of Hans coming to see it.

I was very enthusiastic about the Canon S3 IS yesterday, but on advice of internet photog friends saw the error of considering that camera. It does not do a few of the things I want to do, and so it would just be throwing money away. I will still consider the Canon dSLR, and wait till this Fall to see what their new releases might be, and if the prices go down then too. One place I searched for info had prices in effect until August 13th.

The Snowbirds are doing an hour show tomorrow over Willows Beach. Sure would be nice to have that 12X lens. I have velvia 50 in my 35mm so maybe I will get a few good shots. It will probably be very sunny. I should put the polarizer on and check about how to shoot air shows, too.

The Splash is tomorrow also. Jordan is to visit Andy and Tara too. Everything seems to happen at once. Must ask them if they want to come with us tomorrow.

No comments: