Saturday, August 26, 2006

Printing, Malta Architecture and Gardening



In attempting to print this photo of Pat in Malta, I got this very blue/purple print. I spent half hour reading the help for my Epson Stylus Photo 1280 printer. Finally, it dawned on me. The yellow color must be blocked. So, clean the print heads and presto a nice image. Now I am going to hang him. The print is on 8 1/2 x 11, so shall need a larger frame with room for a light wheat colored (maybe) matting with an old gold simple frame, or a simple flat black. What do you think I should use for framing?

I have tweaked and resized a few more pictures for my "Malta" travel on my web page. Slowly getting that album done, but enjoying remembering the good time we had there.

I moved the rum pot into the larger jar, as it was running over. I added some of the very ripe figs, some of the cherries, a cup of blackberries and a few yellow plums, along with a quarter cup of brandy and the same for sugar. It tastes pretty good already.

I mowed the lawn, moved the compost bin. The painters are coming to paint the garage and the trim of the house, so I have to get my plants off the garage walls. The grape and the evergreen clematis will probably have to be cut back. Oh well they both should grow again. I watered all around the back and topped up the pond. My tomatoes were beginning to wilt so it was about time I watered. Some predator got 4 of my goldfish, as I only see 3 of the 7 left now. The two with the white on them are gone. At least the beast did not wreck the pond edging this time.

Early this morning when I brought my camera in from trying to shoot star trails, there was mist on the lens and the battery was empty. I cleaned the lens with my regular lens cloth, but wonder if I actually got the moisture off or just spread it around a bit. Marc G. has told me to use a heavy black velvet cloth to do this. Thanks for the info Marc.

1 comment:

Maggie said...

I like my Epson, well most of the time.

I will get back to you when the deed is done, but I really want to see him hanging.