Monday, August 21, 2006

Nuclear Medicine, blackberries, garden maintenance

Here is a 'door' for that album in my web page. I was to the Nuclear Medicine department at the Vic. General Hospital today to have my blood volume or blood plasma measured again today. The test takes about 2 hours, with an injection of iodine into my system, and then some of my blood is mixed with another element -- I forget the name -- and injected into my system. Thereafter they take 4 samples of 4 test tubes per sample at periods of about 15 minutes. Before taking each sample a bit of saline is put into the outlet gizmo to clean it up from the last sample. I thought I would be able to come home and find the information on my computer of how this test is done. The technician "Eileen" told me about it all, but I was over-loaded on information and could not remember it all. Its all very interesting. I am always scared of these needles and stuff, but really, they do not hurt at all. So, I go to see Dr. C. in about 10 days when she should have the results. Hope the technicians pass the test this time.

Yesterday I picked another 2 litres of blackberries using the hook that Sheila showed told me about. This enables me to get higher up blackberries and to get the hidden ones with fewer scratches. There is no more room for blackberries in the rum pot. It is totally full now, and that is all I am making this year. It is thicker than last year's rum pot.

After picking the blackberries I got some clipping and cleaning up of the virginia creeper and the plants along the driveway done with a wheel barrow of clippings taken to the back by the compost bin. There are prickly blackberry stems in there. I should have left them out, as they can cause some vicious scrapes.

On Friday, we had the carpets steam cleaned by the guys from Sears. Pat's room, my room, the dining and living rooms, the hallway and the stairs, with scotch guarding.

Today I added my blog to photoblogs.org and have been getting a lot more hits. I have a lot to learn about that site, yet. Lots of different kinds of blogs. I have a lot to learn about blogging.

No comments: