Monday, August 07, 2006

Snowbirds and the Splash






Yesterday morning we took deli sandwiches in the van and went to the top of Mt. Tolmie to watch the airshow by the Snowbirds. They were late and then they did not fly over Mt. Tolmie, but over Willows beach and more out to sea to regroup, I think. So, I wasted 4 velvia shots on my 35 mm and amused myself with people shots on the digital.

We took the van downtown to try and get close parking for the Splash and did get a good spot. The restuarant we usually went to for dinner before the splash was closed. We walked around and found a pizza place that was just awful. Then we took our lawn chairs over and listened. I was getting too cold by the intermission time, we we left early and did not see the fireworks. It was just too long of a day for both of us, I think. From being toasted at mid-day to chills at sunset.

I took more people pictures. I shall added them to my 'street' album, perhaps.

I was experimenting with slow shutter, hand held with the full moon (3 days before full moon) shot from our front deck. I seem to have a bit of camera movement from pressing the shutter button. Not too bad, though.

No comments: