Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Genoa Bay and Wading in the Pond










On Sunday, I waded into the water garden and picked out the rocks then reset them along the border. I watered all the back and filled the pond and tub garden. The grass is growing into the brown spots in the lawn. I think some of those spots were just where the weeds were killed and not burned out at all. There is some sort of animal using my woodland path as a bathroom. I am going to have to put down soap shavings, or cayenne pepper maybe - lots of it, and see if that discourages this filthy animal.

Yesterday I got the house vacuumed and floors scrubbed. It smells nice and looks much better. I hate housework even though it does not take all that much time and it looks so much better when done.

Today, Pat and I went to Genoa Bay on the Pacific Coast Honda, for our annual lunch and the ride. Nice bike and a smooth ride. I get a lot of wind turbulence on this bike though. My face is wind burned. Lunch was scrumptious. I had a seafood chowder that was full of seafood. Ymmmmmm. The cafe has changed ownership and they are cleaning up around along by the parking lot right over to the water. It is looking a lot better. It is a most charming place. The gallery was closed, so I browsed the store instead. I should have bought the light blue rain shirt and pants I was looking at, for on the Model T, although I don't think it was entirely rain-proof.

I had my camera set just right for the light conditions. This is one of my most favourite places in the world. I am going to have to make a Genoa Bay album for this year I think. Pat suggested I give Genoa Bay its own page. Sounds like a good idea to me. I would like to figure out how to do thumbnails that open out into bigger pictures than the ones I can do with Photoshop. I must look at what Edwardo Aites uses on his page.

The top photo is me when we were in Malta in 2003. I am working on that album. I am about half finished tweaking the photos. Slowly getting it done. I have 3 pages of 8 = 24 photos so far and I have not done the Pompei or the Gozo Island or the Sicily part yet. Some good pictures in there. I was looking at the Danube trip -- the photos seem really downgraded from what I see showing up on my desktop as wallpaper. So, there must be some sort of compression problem on loading to my Godaddy space. I wonder what is doing that. The front page photo looks ok. Maybe its that Photoshop album creator that is causing the problem.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great stuff! I like the 2nd to last!