Friday, May 20, 2016

April 9th, the rock and alpine plant show and sale

 Kalmiopsis leachiana is a plant that is native to our area.  I have one growing in the little sundial circle. It is a very well behaved plant, is evergreen and blooms profusely.
 I do not know what this one is, but it looks very nice.
 Last year I planted a gentian in the little rockery in the back garden and it bloomed and survived the winter.

 A lovely lewisia.  I should find one for the lewisia  collection that is in the little rockery in the back garden
 Another native plant.  I have transplanted one that I have in a pot, into the mass garden area.  The volunteer tree that was in its pot will mark the spot where it should be up and blooming again next spring.
One of the trough gardens at the show.  It was a good show, and I came away with a few native plant purchases and a couple others. Hopefully they will all survive.  

No comments: