Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Veggie Patch and stuff

Another look at the vegetable patch and little rockery. I will get a few tomatoes to put in and then hope all the seeds grow. Will keep it watered and mulched.
This is the showy lewisia in full bloom. You can see a few of the smaller lewisias. The blue is the self seeding columbine. I have put down a layer of pea gravel to finish this little rockery. I might need more as most of these plants do not like to water logged.
The lilac is in bloom. I have some in the house and they smell heavenly. I liked this photo for the whimsical view of Mrs. P.'s garden trowel against her shed wall. My lilac is just at the edge between our vegtable gardens. Not a great idea to have trees by the vegetable garden, but I have them all around my veggie patch, except the little rockery side.
My seahorse sits among the ferns next to the steps that go up to the deck. Its a handy place to keep my trowel and few small garden tools.
The tulips along by the garage. The dutch irises are starting to bloom. The Gentian with its big blue trumpet blooms is finishing up. I really should do a macro of that flower this year, even though I have lots of them. You can see the buds of the Oriental Poppies. The bright gold at the top is a pleasant surprise. This must be the sun shining through behind the garage along the old cement path that curves around behind the garage.

Yesterday our new sofa bed arrived and so I spent some of the day rearranging the library room. I did a bit more today and got a couple more pictures hung. I made a rhubarb and strawberry pie yesterday and it turned out pretty good. I had it in my biggest pie plate but it still boiled over into the oven, so I did an oven cleaning. It really was time I cleaned the oven, anyway. It, too, is so much nicer when cleaned up.

We have had a couple of perfect gardening days and I have been stuck in the house most of the time doing laundry, meals, cleaning, etc. Well, tomorrow I should be able to get out and make some more progress on picking the violets out of the Japanese garden moss and dry stream.

No comments: