Tuesday, May 12, 2009

VCCC May Tour

I was using my CS filter to capture the flares on this hood ornament.
I have quite a few detail photos from the weekend. I was not sure how my longer shots were going to turn out. I see to have nearly a GB of photos that are mostly keepers, though. I am not sure of the name of this hood ornament. Jim Colwell has a book out. His own photography and editing. Excellent on both counts. Pat has all the volumns and if I had time I could have looked this one up in his books.
The judging field on Saturday was at the Mary Winspear theatre building (?) parking lot in Sidney. We also had our lunch there. Was a good venu. The sun was out again too, with a few clouds. I HAD TO take this photo! We are not sure what is under the blanket in the bottom right corner.
This is the Saturday venue where Pat was signaling the cars to turn. Another fine location. See the dogwood in the background? The cars are polished and gleaming. There were 188 cars so at least twice that many people. Was a good meet and tour.
Steve and Ruby's car. I would really like to do a black and white of this at some old filling station building or some older building.
On Sunday Pat was stationed on a corner again to direct traffic to turn to the left. This is a unique and interesting corner of our city. Interesting houses with great gates and gardens. VCCC? oh yeah the cars. The Vintage Car Club of Canada had held the May Tour in Victoria this year. The tours on Saturday and Sunday were splendid from all reports. The weather co-operated to give us good weather for the runs and for the judging field in Sidney, as well as the display near the Legislative Buildings on Sunday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The "Goddess of Speed" hood ornament is from a Packard, probably 1940's. :-)

Maggie said...

oh, thanks for the identification. There were quite a few '40 and '50's cars, all looking really good. Packards, Buicks, Chevys, etc.

Looking at these photos now, I think I should have been using my ND filter, even though the sky was usually grey. There may have been less glare and reflections!

Anonymous said...

The tiny reflections do not bother me; they just help show the loving shine these jewels have had put on them.