Sunday, April 10, 2016

March 8 in my garden










The daffodils were the stars of the show for March and the hyacinths perfumed the garden with their fragrance.  The camillia bloomed profusely and now has the last of its blossoms.  There is a nice area of arabis with a few grape hyacinths in blue for a good color combination along the driveway strip.  I liked the light on the leaves of the pink peony tree that is now in bud.  The bench in the background needs to have its level corrected.
I was to the VIRAGS rock and alpine show and sale, yesterday.  I found 3 ferns, a star flower, minor minors lettuce, a hepatica and a tiny white fawn lily.  I was talking with a gentleman who told me that his yellow fawn lillies are taking over from the white ones, and so too are mine.  So this new white fawn lily will be in a different place.  Now, all I need to do is get ride of the wretched bluebells in the woodland and every where in the garden.  

No comments: