Thursday, November 19, 2009

Stormy weather


We have been having some big storms in the last two weeks with lots of rain. Last nite when we went out to dinner at the Dunlop House the wind was howling and it was raining. We had a very nice dinner with lamb the main entre.

The ferries were shut down most of the day, due to high winds and there have been more power outages. Fortunately, our power was ok.

I put on my rain jacket, took my camera and went for a walk up the block to check the water level in the Colquitz River. The river is over its banks in places, but not quite up to the level of the bridge on Loenholm. On Gerda the river is running swiftly and over its banks a bit. We are not in danger of flooding, unless we get quite a lot more rain. I have not looked for the amount of rain we have received, nor looked at the forecasts. Also, in our recent weather, there was an earthquake off the Queen Charlotte Islands a few days ago... all recorded else where.. We often get small earthquakes in this area. Of course, they predict that we are due for a big one.

At about 5:00 am I was wide awake so I used the time to finish transfering the trip information and the post card addresses into my new travel logue book. I will proably finish the space in the latest book in December if or when we go down the Oregon Coast with our friends to do the birthday celebrations. Terrible time of year to do this, we really should move the time for this trip. So, I spent the rest of my day in a very relaxing manner, after getting back to sleep at about 7:00. Life is good !

No comments: