Friday, March 27, 2009

Conficker Worm and other things

Bear Wresting!
This photo is one for the album on my old web page, called bears. I will frame them all for on the web page album, I think. I have a few more for the Painted Vases album also. I want to frame those and load larger photos in the album.

Tomorrow at 8:00 Wally will be here to install the carpet and the lino in the ensuite. So, I will be unplugged tomorrow. I have taken photos of the things plugged into the tower and the bars. I hope I can get it all plugged in again. I am so dumb about this stuff... this is a good exercise for me. Maybe I won't be so afraid I am going to break something, if I just go ahead and do stuff. I moved my scanner and printer. I accidentally unplugged the keyboard and then plugged it back into the wrong hole. Welllll took me a while to figure out why my settings would not load. Really!! It is going to take making all the mistakes, I guess, to learn.

I spent quite a bit of my time today reading about this Conficker Worm that seems to have been introduced some time in November and is being re-invented to make it harder for Microsoft to defend against. Microsoft and a few of the other internet important companies have banded together to combat this malicious thing. Microsoft has offered a $250,000 reward for any information leading to the arrest of the creator(s). There seems to be a threat of the worm attacking from its botnet on April 1st. Since I have to be unplugged tomorrow, I might just stay unplugged for the 3 more days. I am sure the garden could use my attention.

The daffodils are showing color, the helebores, anemones, cyclamens, arabis, are all starting too. The snowdrops and crocus are about finished. I have not had time to get the photos of these plants ready for posting. Well, maybe, Sunday, I can just work with my photos and not be on the internet. This might work so I can get caught up with a few of the things I want to get done.

No comments: