Monday, March 23, 2009

At the Jewish Cemetery





On March 6th I was shooting photos for the Victoria Grid Project - a group on Flickr. The Jewish Cemetery is in the March grid. As I was getting my photos ready for the grid group pool, I noticed that this flower pot is broken and the poppy does not look like a flower from the florists, or a cut flower. Oriental poppies, are difficult to keep this fresh looking and you seldom if ever seem them sold as cut flowers. When I was shooting this, I took no notice of how this flower was growing. NOW, looking at my photos, I believe this poppy is growing in the ground. It is very early for this plant to be in bloom, though. Perhaps its the warmth of all the stones in the area. The poppies in my garden have leaves about 6 - 8 inches tall, now... 3 weeks after these shots were taken. I really must go back some time and try to find this flower again.

I have finished cleaning up my light garden and find I now have one extra tray, without plants. I think I will leave it for now, as I have no plans for more plants, at the moment. Two of the cactus plants are too tall for the tiers and I might put them out for the summer and not bring them in.

Last evening we went to see Slumdog, the Millionaire. Oh boy!! this is a high impact movie.. there are parts that I could not watch. It did have a happy ending. I was happy to end up back home where its quiet, clean, and comfortable.

No comments: