Sunday, March 01, 2009

Spring is late this year







These are few of the flowers blooming in my garden. The photos are not great. The hellebores, winter jasmine, a few arabis and some white crocus are also blooming. I have not been out in the garden in the last while as it has been a bit coolish. Pat did some clean up of the fallen branches and started some pruning on the plum tree. It could stand quite a lot more pruning.

Pat got another one of the shelf units up in the garage, with a bit of help from me. We hoisted it up with a pulley, that he used to use to put the hardtop on his BMW. I don't think the next unit will work on the pulley, though. He might have to think of another ingenious way to hoist it up.. or get some of his big friends to help. Today we moved the desk, fridge and stove. We could not get the dishwasher out. It is jammed in its hole with a broken leg, I think. Wally will be here tomorrow to put in the lino. I hope he has some suggestions about the dishwasher. Like, why can't we just leave it in there? If ever it needs to come out... there will just be another one go into the hole and cover up the old lino that will be left there.

We were out to Brannigan's for dinner.. just ok, not great.

I am waiting for my book Arminius to be delivered... probably mid March. It is about Rome.. from Cesaer to Charlemange. I read some of it on line and really was getting into it. I need a good book about Alexander the Great, too. At the moment I am re-reading the Assayrian about ancient Persia and surrounding area.. Tigres and Euphrates rivers. There are no maps, so I should be looking this up with Google. The era is of when Sennacherib was king... not sure where he was king but Nineveh as their city, and Babylon belonged to the neighboring people. So, I should like to get a book, perhaps on their great King Cyrus the great. Must research it some more. I don't have a good historical book about Marco Polo, either, although he was considerably later. And then there is all the Chinese dynasties... I could stand to know a bit more about them.

No comments: