Friday, March 20, 2009

Victoria Grid Project, March


It has been almost 2 weeks since my last post. These are two of the photos from the Victoria Grid, taken on March 6th. The Jewish Cemetery is in the grid and I spent most of my time taking photos there. Like the Chinese Cemetery from an earlier grid, I get caught up in the history. It is not a place where I would go to shoot usually, but when there, I become engrossed in the site.

John Gray finished the painting at the end of the week. He did his usual very good work. The kitchen looks great with the bright cheery yellow. All the colors seem to balance in the kitchen. I especially like the main bath. I have started to hang pictures, but have quite a few to go yet. Wally will be here to finish the floor covering with the carpet in my room, on the 28th. Then David must finish the trim and kickplates. I am really liking how everything looks. My faux leaded glass light fixture looks great too. I like the pot lights in the kitchen. John did a good job of patching and painting the ceilings.

Trevor brought my computer back on Monday evening. . . . just when I was getting over missing being on line. I now have an automatic backup that works and space to transfer movies and anything I don't use much .. for storage. The backup has 5 copies stored so half of the drive is used up. If I ever start shooting and tweaking large photos, I may need more storage, or buy on line space.

Yesterday we went to Victoria Vacuum Cleaners to buy a Dyson ball action upright. We can away with a much lighter Eureka upright for 1/5 the cost of the Dyson. We also got Eureka's dust buster with a handle. This is going to make vacuuming and keeping up the house so much easier than dragging that horrible in the wall vacuum and its hose, around.

We need our own smileys for the new site. Cyrus has made a few that look really very good. He is trying to teach me how to do them. Well, I was up half the night last night obsessing about making these animations. I know the basics, now I just need practise. No doubt he will have them all made before I can manage a decent one. Learning curve took another steep climb and is still climbing.

The day before yesterday I decided that I needed a few more photos for my 'painted vases' album on my web page. So, I spent some time getting a few done. Now I need to tweak them, frame them and load to my page. There is no rush, but I really feel like I should at least get one album done in 2009. The last year on my Travel page is 2005 - the big album of the big Danube Cruise. I have lots of space so I can loaded bigger photos in the albums, now.

No comments: