Sunday, March 08, 2009

Spring, spring, spring ahead






I few more crocus photos from last Friday. Some macros for the Flower Petal Art group on Flickr.
We had snow yesterday evening! Even though the temperature was 4 above. I was watching this out my patio window/door. The light was surreal. I don't think I could have conveyed this with a photo. It was rather like the light when you are under a rainbow.
On Friday, Pat and I picked up a deli sandwich and cookie and he took me out to the Victoria Grid to shoot, in the camper van. I am sure lunch was the big item for him. He waited patiently in "the reading room" while I became engrossed in the Jewish Cemetery and walked a bit more. The grid is in Fernwood this month. Interesting area... older area of town with a mix of housing. In fact I loved the big old 3 story houses, all kept up nicely, individually painted with cute gardens and gates. A few years ago, I had a rental property that was just outside this grid. Sold it. We did not go look at it, this day. I wish I had got over to George Jay School to shoot some, but the month is not over yet.
Tomorrow, the painters come at 9:00 to repair and paint the walls and ceilings in the kitchen, my room, and the main bath. We have a bright and cheerful light yellow in mind. My techie will be here to take my computer to the shop for maintenance at the same time. So, when John Gray and his son are finished painting, we only have the carpet in my room, David to finish the kick plates, and other cabinetry stuff, hang the pictures and ENJOY! Yeay!
We managed to get in on the new little tax credit for stimulating the economy. Lucky us! not a bit perk, but all helps. Good thing its getting finished.... old car stuff is right around the corner... there will be no time to think about travelling just now... not for me anyway. We talk about it, but this wait will just make the next trip so much better. Old car events and GARDENING! as soon as it quits snowing, anyway.
Pat has most of his cabinets up in the garage. One more to go. I can't believe we got that last one up and screwed to the wall! Was quite a feat! This thing is well over my head in height. Pat had us prop the edge of it up, once we had it hoisted onto its 2 x 4 ledge, prop it up with another 2 x 4 board while he put in the screws to hold it! Oh man! I was having fits, imagining it pushing him off his ladder while it fell off its prop. whew! it up and ready to be loaded with all those garage goodies. PS: there were NOT that many garage words applied while getting this cabinet in place!! Just a lot of silent anxiety.. on my part anyway.
Have spent a bit of time text talking about the new site. Cyrus and his builders are advancing at a goodly rate. The stuff I have seen -- which is all he has designed and most coded so far -- is spectacular!! The guy is working 24/7 to get this going! I have no doubt that all his dreams for the site will come true. The features of the site are marvelous and state of the art. Go CY go!!

No comments: