Tuesday, March 03, 2009

The Gorge Park




Photos from almost 2 weeks ago when we took our Red Barn deli sandwiches to the Gorge waterway Park. I had my ND grad filter attached and so the colors are rather rich. No processing in photoshop except to downsize and USM. They are adding more things to the park. It is a lovely spot. Too bad for them that they did not keep the old Takata Japanese gardens that a group of people had wanted to renew. The Glendale Gardens botanical garden is the richer for this Park's loss. Last summer the Japanese Gardens were officially opened at Glendale and they are gorgeous. Thanks to all the people who supported this grand effort and made it possible.

We now have our new lino in the kitchen and main bathroom. It looks terrific. I am getting so impatient to have it all finished. Wally did a fine job! He, too, was very complimentary about our cabinets and counter tops. Well... carpet in my room, and paint and we are finished. Wally will be back to do the ensuite bathroom when the carpet arrives. He said he would help move my desk. I can see where it would be a lot easier than using our little dolly to move stuff. The dishwasher did not need to be moved, so that problem was solved.

We were out to Romero's for dinner last nite. Always a reliable place to eat. The thin crust pizza is better and less dough. Tonight was dinner at home, even though I only got my kitchen back at 3:00.

I spent a few minutes outside today. Turned the water pump back on and the waterfall is running again. All the edging is still in place. Maybe I can get fish again when it warms up. I have not seen that big frog, since I threw it out of the pond when I cleaned the pond. I have seen great blue herons in the area. I wonder if they might be nesting nearby. That would be great. But they are in eagle territory as we have a nesting pair of eagles somewhere in the park, too. There is lots of park area. I hope they can co-exist.

No comments: