Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Slow down World III


Yesterday, I managed to get a few more photos tweaked and added to Flickr for the Victoria Grid Project. These two are my favourites. I really liked the black and white reflection in the window. The skyline photo I attempted to process in photoshop to make it appear as an old photo for the Retro group. Do you think it looks like an old 1900 kind of photo?

This morning was a trip to the pharmacy and walk home, which is good for me. Really should do more of that. Probably should eat breakfast first, though. I found a book that is 'post apocalyptic' The Road. Apparently there will be a movie made. I cannot seem to put the thing down, but had to, as I have other things that are must do.

David has the cabinets installed, except for the two extra things. The kitchen trolly and what I am calling the hutch/curio cabinet. David said that this wood is real 'quality... its very nice. Solid wood doors, some heavy duty tracks for weight bearing drawers to run on... well... there will be pictures. The corian guys from Cobble Hill come to measure for the counter tops on Thursday, when David said he would be finished. It is all looking very good. We bought a new range hood .. black.. from Home Depot. I think it will look fine. The top of the stove is black, but the rest white. David thought it should be white. It needs its light bulbs.. not included. I hope he can connect it to the vent with the same old pipe we had before. I think it should work.

We had lunch out, and supper was some of the previously prepared cabbage rolls. Yesterday was pizza. The stove and fridge are now back in place (except the range hood), so tomorrow, I suppose I can cook.

I did not get time on Flickr or time to look at tweaking any photos for the grid. I have just a few left to do, though.. 10 more days to work on them. The new site is getting stuff done and some new things added in. Oh my, this is going to be some incredible place to play!

No comments: