Thursday, January 29, 2009

Macro


I took these close ups of the Bird of Paradise flower in a boquet Colleen and John had sent us during the holidays. I shall add these to the petal art group on Flickr and then try and get a some comments returned to my contacts and friends.

It was another busy day. We spent the afternoon getting a new light fixture for my room. I love the one we got... a tiffany globe with the hanging part to match the bronze knobs and pulls of the cabinetry. We also found a new tap for the kitchen sink of the bronze variety, with simple lines.
Rob from Hourigans was out to measure for the new flooring on Wednesday and this afternoon we stopped in at their place to look for something that I might want for the carpet in my room. We will have to go back with some of the vertical blind to compare colors and patterns. There is a green carpet with a very similar pattern to my long green verticals covering the patio window. We looked at roll ends but did not really find anything suitable.
The pantry is refilled and in order. I have all of the shelves above the pull out drawers, for storage. The liquor cabinet and the fruit juices are on the first shelf. I am really liking the way it is coming together. With the extra cabinets in the room, I need the simple lines to keep it from looking too crowded.

On Saturday we go to Chemanis for a play at their theatre, with lunch before, with Sheas. This should be fun. Tonite we were out to 15 50 for dinner Its a pub style restaurant with a good selection on the menue. Was good, we will be back.

A couple of days ago I put out 30 apples for the deer. They were gone within 36 hours. We did see a seagull eating them but did not see the deer. I know the squirrels are taking apples from the deck and probably from out in the deer pasture, too.

No comments: