Sunday, February 24, 2008

Spring Gardening

This is another one from the Victoria Grid Project shoot. I really like this texture one. I have made it square as I have done to the others I tweaked today. Others can be seen on my Flickr account... see side bar. Since learning that I have only 300 MB here I shall have to be more cirucumspect in loading photos.

Over the last few days we have clipped up the tree prunings from last Fall. I have now trimmed the fig, the apple and the strawberry tree. Pat has taken down the pear. This was a Confernce pear and produced scabby pears that never seemed to ripen. So, its gone. Today we got some of these recent prunings clipped up for the wood pile. There is a bit left to do, yet. After finishing this lot of prunings, I shall trim the bay laurel, the yews, and then get after the roses and boxwood at the front. Once I get out there and get at it, it does not seem to take all that long.

We were to Steve and Ruby's last nite for dinner and had a good visit. Haven't talked to them for a long time. Ruby has about 6 more years until she can retire. Their house is looking great. What a reno they did!! And so is their new old car.

Pat has been doing some repairs to our dodge lodge... so its getting into that perfect shape that he likes to keep his vehicles. ... everything working and clean and in its place... so orderly.

No comments: