Friday, February 29, 2008

Rose in Winter

This is a photo from January 27, 2008. I was shooting out my living room window at this rose, full 12X zoom with my Canon Powershot S3 IS.

Today I pruned back the roses. I hate cuting plants even though I know that they need it. I pruned back the roses quite severely, for me. I have the prunings clipped into 2 bags and set to dry for burning later next winter. It was raining lightly so I got a bit damp. It was warm out so it was not too bad.

Tomorrow I get up early so I can go to the Orchid Show to be there for 9:00 A.M. I have room for two or three more. I hope I can find a miniature cattalya. I might have to find one on the net, if I don't see any for sale. The lighting is always impossible at the show, but I will take my camera anyway. It will probably be too crowded to get any good shots, though.

I have had a bison roast in the oven at 290 all afternoon. I should have had the temperature even lower. The roast is very tender, though well done.

No comments: