Sunday, February 24, 2008

Blogger space limit - 1 GB for photos.

This is a tall, leaning Garry Oak on a hill by Rithets Bog. This area is in the grid for the Victoria Grid Project for February. I am slowly getting my photos loaded to that Flickr group for February.

I have looked up the limit of space I have on Blogger. It seems we have unlimited space for text posts, but that the space of photos is 300 MB. So, I went back and edit a few posts and deleted about 5 photos today. I have no idea how close to my limit I might be. I have some really big photos on here. Its a real pain to go back and edit each post and delete, then find your way back to the month or place you were editing to manage the edits with any continuity. Oh well, I guess I will delete a few old ones when I get the time. I hate to delete though, too. I wonder if we will some day be able to buy more space on Blogger. That would be cool.
The Blogger information on space limits is here


EDIT:  January 27, 2010 - The space for photos has been increased to 1GB since I did this post.  Yeaaa  Go Google Go.  :)


Also, would the anonymous person who commented today, please comment again.  I accidentally rejected the comment, when I meant to add it.  Why do you think I should change design?  I like the simplicity of this one.  

3 comments:

randomChicken said...

XD Awesome! Thanks for the news (I was thinking to squush (sure that's a verb...) large pictures on my blog if I happen to post one)!

That Garry Oak looks really good in that scenery by the way o_o

Maggie said...

Thanks Random. Can I call you randy? lol

Sure squush is a verb. the spell checkers just don't know about it yet.

Come to Megashot.net and squush some of your large photos on your own page! We have contests, communities, commerce, and lots of other stuff. When you register you will get a code of your own to invite your friends. Any of them who join and become paying members will give you a 15% credit towards your account. The accounts are free from now until January 2011, so you could build up some credit by then. Here is my code: http://megashot.net/mega/registration.php?ref=6uww

Anonymous said...

nice posting
thanks...