Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Some Gardening Stuff


Pat got home on Sunday. Thanks Dan and Irene for all you have done to help him get his 1912 Ford Torpedo Roadster. As the car is not yet completed or drivable, it is still in Dan's trailer. They might bring it up to us in a couple of weeks.

Yesterday Pat got some good groceries in. We had a scrumptious salad with avocado and scallops with peaches and frozen yogurt for dessert. A chardonay white wine. Yumm

This is a macro photo of the Iceberg Rose that blooms prolifically by the front door. The other one is one of the iris shots from June. I used these 2 photos on Flickr to thank Cyrus and Ken for their help in getting the ban lifted from the Canon Macro group, that this shithead control freak calling herself Captain Morgan... go figure .... put on me. The Admin of the group.. Greetz made me a Moderator along with her of the Group. Too funny. Hopefully that weed will soon be weeded out of the Canon S3 IS group. She deleted their entire Welcome thread because it was too long. Good grief what an idiot.

Gardening stuff? Oh yeah. I attached the old yellow sprinkler and it worked perfectly this year, and got some of the back watered. I filled the pond. I saw 5 of the new fish hanging around under the water fall. One of them was small like they were when I bought them. The others were twice the size. I wonder what happened to the tiny one. We had some red lettuce from the veggie garden, but the rest of the stuff is not going to amount to much. I have no idea why things are not growing in that soil. I shall have to add more manure I guess. Regular watering would help too, I guess. The yellow plums are almost ready. The first figs are starting to get brown. I need to mow the lawn and continue with dead heading, weeding and watering. In the Fall, I shall have to replace the little cedars along the fence by old weird's place. Funny how the cedars there all died but not the ones at the front that are in soil that is much more clay! The old baggage has been killing my trees.

Pete and Audree stopped in for a short visit on Saturday. Was good to see them. Hopefully we will get together with them at month's end for a week end and a trip to Steeples for a gala dinner for their anniversary. I don't know what they will do with their new little puppy. It is so cute and smart. They are getting it paper trained already and it even listens to them when they tell it to stop biting or barking.. its really just doing a natural puppy play thing, but it obeys them really well already.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very well done with the shots. I really like the one on the top and I think it's q well captured back lighted flower shot.

Maggie said...

Thanks Cyrus.

I like the back light on it too, but I don't think I will put it into the back lighting thread. Even though I had it loaded before you started the assignment. Its dedicated to you, so people might think I am sucking up. Besides its especially for you.

Also, that rose has a natural pale yellow inside just before it totally opens. I added a bit of curves and saturation to pump up the gold. Its less delicate than the original.