Saturday, August 18, 2007

Magnolia


My magnolia is in bloom. The crazy thing is rather mixed up with this weather we have had, or maybe its reacting to Pat's innovative pruning .. cutting off its large branch that was sticking out over the drive-way. Trouble is the new blooming branch is growing out over the driveway. Hmmmm I wonder if the tree needs pruning? The new healthy growth looks so much better than the old.

I should get my roses pruned too. Its not the time for them to be pruned either. They are kinda close to the house, anyway. So if they die its not a big deal. I should replace the Peace rose and maybe move the Iceberg farther away from the door. Perhaps this winter, in their dormant season. Sometime after Christmas and before March 1.

On Flickr, Cyrus' MIMS group has an assignment for shooting back lighting of flowers. I was trying to get it with this magnolia bloom, but my best back lit shot is too blown out at the top. I shall have to redo it, or do a set up using a flash light for the extra light from the front. Hmmmmm. Now if only the sun would come out again.

We are having cooler, cloudy weather with only spits of rain today. We did get a nice shower a couple of days ago, though. My lawn is still brown. I had to fill the deck tub and the front garden tubs to top them up.

No comments: