Saturday, August 18, 2007

Contrails Sunrise

About 4 days ago I was awake before 6:00 A.M. This is like the middle of the nite for me, as I am a nite person. What must have woke me up was this fantastic contrails (jet trails) sunrise. It was spectacular. I was out on the deck shooting it as soon as I noticed it. The shot with the big lines and fat trail was taken with the wide angle converter attached. Any of this series with a time in the EXIF at 6:10 are with the Wide angle converter and the size set to 'wide'.

In the last week I have managed to get my vegetable garden weeded and watered. Got the lawn mowed and pond topped up. Did some dead heading today. Met the new neighbors over the back fence. Gerald spoke of replacing the fence between our place. Said I would be on for paying for my share. Also spoke of having my hedge looked at by some experts. I asked him if we could wait until after the winter, as it might get storm damaged, at which time we might have to take it down to 6 or 8 feet or some manable size. But if we do that we lose the screening of the hedge for our bedroom window. Its still open to discussion, so we will see. I lent him my long pole pruner to whack off a leaning over branch and said if he needed it again do not hesitate to ask. He is renovating and going after cleaning up the little space on his side of the hedge. Yeaaaaa Gerald and Shawna. At last that whole side of my lot is going to looking much much better. Pat and I whacked down the nasty rose bush that was growing between our properties on about the day they moved in... talk about timely. :)) I see the rose bush is sprouting again. I will have to keep after it or dig out the root sometime when I am feeling energetic.

Got my blue glass collection washed and put back in place. To do that I had to clean up the guest room (including windows) and clean the kitchen window. I have to sit next to the sinks to manage to clean that window so its a real PITA.

No comments: