Saturday, August 25, 2007

A few summer flowers




The heathers are in bloom. The roses are still blooming, of course. This is one of David Austin's English roses called Gertrude Jekyll. I don't know which clematis this one is, as I have planted many varieties over the years. The little white snap dragon is perennial and is one of my treasured rock garden plants. I have moved it into a pot with better alpine gardening soil and it has recovered and is growing and blooming very nicely. The rose of sharon bushes are in bloom and finally look good. They do better when pruned lightly, so I shall pay more attention to pruning them and my other shrubs. The heathers are always a lot better when sheared properly also.

The grape is growing again so I need to get some wire to string along the garage again to begin training one of the shoots. I think I should prune the magnolia also. It is blooming again and the new growth is very nice compared to the old leaves.

No comments: