Monday, May 14, 2007

working area of the garden

This is the new compost bin and wheel barrow. The bin is almost full of clippings, weeds and household compost. It has a very good top, and tiny air vents. I am not too worried about rats getting into this bin.

Cannor delivered my topsoil, bark mulch, sand and mushroom manure today. I will be transplanting the 7 plants in their designated places and then using up one more bag of bark mulch at the front. I transplanted 4 tomatoe plants to the garden and 2 into big black pots for Tara. These are good healthy looking Beefsteak tomatoe plants. I used up 1 bag of mushroom manure in this operation. I hauled all the dirt to the places where I will be using it. I have sand, barkmulch and 1 topsoil by the bin. I will want to use this for top dressing on the grass area. I mowed the lawn and put the clippings between the rows on the vegetable garden. I watered the veggie garden and pots of violets and bamboo. Filled the pond and dropped one of the black pipe parts into the pond for the fish to hide in. I need to get some plastic string to tie to the other 2 pipe pieces before I sink them in the pond also. Then, I think I may be able to get koi again. They hide in the pipe and the raccoons, otters or herons cannot get them. The whole garden is getting to look pretty good.

No comments: