Thursday, May 24, 2007

Alberta snowstorm

Heavy wet snow up to 14 cm (5.6 inches) fell on parts of Alberta over night causing power outages and property damage. The temperatures are expected to be normal again by the week end.

This is a photo of our heavy, wet snow in November 2006. But we had beautiful weather here on the West Coast yesterday and today.

I have about finished my renovations in the garden and now have regular maintenance to do. The vegetables are popping up out of the ground. Its all looking pretty good.

3 comments:

Monterey John said...

Snow? What's that? Oh yes, I remember snow... vaguely.

It's been warm a little further down the coast here, weve been in the upper 80s right on the water. That doesn't happen very often.

I really like your macro below!

Maggie said...

Alberta gets some really freaky weather. But then there has been freaky weather all over this past year. The high 80s gets to be a bit warm for me, too, and our coastal weather.

I am going crazy with the super macro setting on my Canon S3 IS. That little camera has some very cool features for the price. It makes movies! Something I have to try yet. I did do a small sound clip and the quality of the sound is very good. In a group it picked up distinct voices and words.

Anonymous said...

nice macro shots of flowers you have!
but i like the apricot cheese cake the best - makes my mouth water :) would love to have some :)
wow that's a lot of snow - take care