Saturday, May 19, 2007

Columbines






I have tried to capture the colors of my columbines. The red one should have a bit more blue in it to make it the real wine-red color that it is. It is my newest purchase. The others are seedlings from the columbines I have had in my garden for a few years. I am particularly fond of the one with the white tips that seems to have developed by itself from the original old dark blue ones.

I have not been out in the garden for a couple of days. When I was out watering and pottering about a couple of days ago I got a bug bite of some kind. When I got into the house to clean up I noticed this big glob of blood on my neck and a huge bump. I washed it and applied 'after bite'. It has stopped itching and seems to be reducing in size two days later. I never noticed what bit me but it must have been a fairly hungry vampire.

No comments: