Monday, May 07, 2007

In the woodland garden



I am not sure what it is about this photo that I like, maybe the painterly appearance. I wish the white spot had not been there. This is a perennial with tiny blue forget me not type of flowers. The leaves are a lovely dark green. It makes a nice mound along between the garage and the woodland path.

I got a bit more gardening done today, but the sun was just too hot to stay out for long. I think I am finished cutting back the black bamboo runners, clipped back the spirea bridal veil bush, cleaned up around the star magnolia, moved the purple wall flower to by the vase planter. When I was downtown the other day I saw this huge wallflower clipped into a round shrub. It was gorgeous. I hope to do that with the one I have. Also, I want the lavender to grow into a nice big mound like the ones I saw in Anacortes. I should put down some of the bark mulch around the front area by the driveway. I will take the sand and the other back of mulch to the back and store it on the veggie garden path along with the bag of top soil.

Tomorrow I should plant the veggie garden, and if time permits start clipping the hedges and pruning back the roses. The thyme is starting to bloom. The edges of the circle need trimming also. The hebe is in bloom, its a lovely mound of violet/purple.

There is a lovely little red columbine in the woodland area. I must try and find a couple more of them and plant them out front with the lupines. I must move a couple of the foxgloves to the woodland area, and maybe some fireweed, if I can.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so beautiful. lovely shot.
I have to do some gardening too.