Sunday, May 06, 2007

Minature Yellow Water Lily



This lily lives in the tub on my deck. Its not in bloom, yet, of course, but its little leaves are beginning to show on the surface... good things to come.

I spent about 4 hours in the garden today. I have almost all of the violets eradicated and have just one or two black bamboo runners to deal with yet. I clipped back the heathers and the California lilac. Things are looking a little more under control. I have the front strip to clean up and need to plant the lavender there. I hope it will grow to a size I have seen them grow to in Port Angeles, lovely big shrubs. I think I will have to remove the one that grows under the smoke bush, as the space is just not big enough. I do not seem to have room for the silver thyme. Unless, I put it out in the front strip. Or, maybe I could put it along the driveway strip.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful flower!

Monterey John said...

How perfect is that?! Wonderful image.

And yes, Maggie, I was in church. The soul needed a bit of scrubbing. :)

Me said...

That is stunning.