Monday, May 21, 2007

Figs

Canon S3 IS in P mode and zoomed all the way. Focal distance about 4 - 6 feet. To get this kind of Bokeh with the S3 IS you need some distance between the subject and the background. I like how this one turned out.

My Brown Turkey fig tree has a couple of dozen little figs on it! Yeaaaaa we might have a few that ripen in time this year. They have really grown in the last 3 days. They are almost half the size of a fully grown fig.

Yesterday I spent most of my time on the computer reading about viruses. My Norton anti virus told me it had killed a W32.Netsky.D@mm!enc. which came in an email enclosure thing from a friend. I was at first very irate to have received this thing from her. She was instrumental in getting me started on my PC 8 or so years ago. Well, now, I am afraid to email her to tell her what my Norton found. It also destroyed a Trojan called Wimad. I am not sure where the Wimad came from but probably part of the netsky payload. The Netsky is a revision of an old one according to my reading information. So, anyway, keep your anti-virus programs running and up to date. Norton needs renewal fee every year, but it just paid for more than one year renewal yesterday. Another good little program, I find, is the Spy Bot, search and destroy. I should probably donate again to the guy who made that program. It is well worth a few dollars.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey,
Thank you for the links. I visited his blog and found his work wonderful. I thank you for leading me to it.
Your macro are really good and the butterfly, specially the larvae is excellebt with good detail and great colors.
Thank you for being a good friend.