Saturday, May 12, 2007

allium


I like the bokeh I managed in this one, and so left the flower off center to see more of the good background blur. Not so easy with the S3 IS, but possible. This allium is seeding its self about in a very controlled manner. Its a very nice plant. The background is from the ground cover which is a yellow/green herb, oregano, I think. I chose this color of a ground cover to go with the other colors in its immediate area. It looks surprisingly good with the purple of the allium.

I was to Cannor Nursery to day and dropped another $100.00 on plants and dirt. They do have very expensive stuff, even with my 10% discount with my membership. oh well, I get free delivery, and that makes it for me.

This afternoon I managed to get the hedges trimmed. About a 3 hour job. So, things are coming along nicely. Soon I will have just the regular maintenance to do. I need to think about doing something in the space under the deck. Now that the deck lets rain water through, the things under there are looking a lot better. I need to consider some heavy shade loving plants. Maybe now that it is more moist I could just get moss to grow all over it.

No comments: