Thursday, February 12, 2009

The Pictorial Story

I made this up from several photos for the story Things in Pink in our new group on Flickr, called The Pictorial Story. We only have 20 members, so far, and as usual only a few active ones. Oh well, hope it grows as more people find it. I think its a hoot!

I have been spending quite a bit of time on Flickr lately... getting a bit caught up in the comments and group moderation. Two days ago I spent a few hours getting some tunes for Pat and transfering them to his music on his computer. It works... I should have kept the networking file, though. His computer would not connect to the internet. We shut off our computers and I unplugged the black plug in the router and plugged it back in. Also made sure the other plugs were stuck in too. Started up again and his computer was working again. Learned that from a Shawcable techie a while ago.

I see one little crocus peeking out from under the mulch. Snowdrops and the small purple cyclamen are blooming. We have had some pretty cool weather, but did not get snow that they had up island.

Tomorrow I get my sink and counter tops. Its all slowly coming together.

I am reading a book called The Fall of Rome... its not the old one. Its a new fiction history novel about the germanic tribes who were forced to migrate southward by the invasion of Atilla the Hun. This story begins at the death of Atilla, and how his empire broke up, when he was gone. It quite interesting, but I wish I had maps to see the areas they speak of in the movements of the different tribes or clans of people.

1 comment:

Maggie said...

The pictorial story group on Flickr no longer exists, as I have reduced my time and participation on Flickr.